ALL IN THE FAMILY TWO BY TWO - PART 2

 


My Dad & me in 1941

And in 1964

Me & Mom in 1944


And in 1966

Do I know you?  Me & myself at 2 and 24

My brother and me in 1945 at Fleishhacker Zoo in San Francisco.  I remember the swing was red, my hat was red, and my coat was a brown & white check. :)

And 13 years later sitting on a rock in the middle of Meeks Creek, Lake Tahoe.  I remember my blouse was white. :[]

Me & my middle Sis in 1952

 And in 1964 – still on the porch.  Except now I’m the one with bangs.

My youngest Sis and me in 1950


And in 1967 just home from a Cal Bears football game in Berkeley, CA.  Her boyfriend at the time played in the Cal Band so we went to all the home games – she, to watch her boyfriend in the band; me, to watch the game!

Youngest & middle sisters in 1956

And in reverse order in 1966

My bro’ and middle sis in 1951-52

And 10 years later in a salute to dancing you've seen before. J

Bro’ and youngest sis in 1954

And in 1962.  Whether wading in a stream in summer, or showing off barefoot in a snowy lake, they always seemed to be in the water.

Friends are part of a family too!  A good friend & me in 1946

And the two of us dancing together as high school cheerleaders in 1958. J

:->

La Nightingail

Comments

  1. Nice finale' with your dancing as cheerleaders. Back then skimpy skirts weren't worn for cheering! Loved seeing you and siblings in pairs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we didn't have skimpy skirts to cheerlead back then! Look at all those petticoat ruffles. Whew. We wore at least 2 or 3 petticoats at a time. I sewed mine to a single band but that backfired on me one time at an all-school rally. The heavy snap on the band popped loose & suddenly those petticoats were slipping down around my ankles. It was quite a sensation. Good thing I found it as funny as everyone else did. :))

      Delete
  2. The photo of your brother and middle sister dancing is my favorite! The last picture reminds me of some pictures (not all!!) made in the Moulin Rouge in Paris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your last comment made me smile because 20 years later I was dancing with a group on stage doing the Can-Can with a zillion ruffles under the skirts of our fancy French dresses!

      Delete
  3. Another wonderful montage of duo pics. My favorite is of you and your mom at the garden gate. It's a fine photo that looks almost like a picture of some celebrity family in a magazine story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, my Mom did sing professionally before she married. :)

      Delete
  4. Absolutely delightful photos of you, your parents, your siblings, and a friend! One of the joys of growing up in a large family is always having someone or other to have fun and get into mischief with. I especially like the then-and-later photo contrasts. Really a fun post to read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being one of 4 children you're right - there was almost always someone to do something with. Being the oldest, however, I often got stuck babysitting which didn't always go over well with my younger siblings. "You're not the boss." They'd argue. When I pointed out I actually was for the moment, they'd come back with "Well, you're not the REAL boss." Ah, those good old days. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THE ANCESTOR HAT PARADE

WRITING: SUSTENANCE FOR THE SOUL

A TRIP TO YO-SEMITE IN 1874 - PART 5