ALL IN THE FAMILY TWO BY TWO - PART 4

 


So six years after he took the girl down the street to the movies, in 1957 Christopher met a nice young girl on a beach at Lake Tahoe.  He lived in Southern California, however, and she lived in the San Francisco Bay area.  They wrote letters to each other for a while, but the pen-pal relationship gradually faded.  Then in 1961 he came up to the Bay Area to attend the University of California at Berkeley and they dated for a while, but it didn’t last.

Six years later they met again and this time something clicked! J

They were married in 1968 and this summer will celebrate their 56th wedding anniversary. J

Their son was born the following year – seen here with his dad in 1969

And in 2007

That son with his mom in 1969

And in 2007

Backtracking a bit: That son with his new sister in 1972

And with his sister in 1991.

They each had their own dates to the prom, but the photographer thought it would be fun to do a brother-sister shot as well and what a great shot it turned out to be!

Here he is with his youngest sister in 1976

And in 2006

Sisters in 1977

And in 1989

And Mom & Dad in 2019

Fresh from gift shops in Stratford Upon Avon with bags full of souvenirs.

Hello Shakespeare. J

:->

La Nightingail


Comments

  1. What a lovely story, and so wonderful to see all these beautiful smiling faces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are a grinning, laughing, hugging happy family most of the time. :)

      Delete
  2. Such heartwarming photos. I don't know if I told you, but at some point I read your autobiographical blog series -- so these photos seem familiar after that. I love the brother and sister prom photo -- and the one of them as children. And of course, you and the hubs over the years. A great way to wind up the duos month on Sepia Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know you'd read that original blog about how we met and finally wound up together. I should base a romantic story on the way we were together, then not, then were, then not - except I'd have to place it in the late 1800s.as that's the time period I enjoy writing about.

      Delete
  3. This was a charming series to share for this month's theme. Knowing how large your archive of photos is, it must have been challenging to select only the pics with just duos. I remain in awe that you can find so many and that you can remember the details too :—)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have it right - it is hard to choose which photo to use at times. I'm the photographer in the family both of my own, and of my 'growing up' family a lot of the time. My Dad took a good many pix too, though. I think I got my first camera - a box Brownie - when I was 10 and away I went, click, click, click! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A TRIP TO YO-SEMITE IN 1874 - PART 5

WRITING: SUSTENANCE FOR THE SOUL

WORKING ON BUILDING THINGS