GARDEN SEATINGS: ELEGANT, PRETTY, WHIMSICAL, & MINE
Comes close to the prompt.
Elegant
I love swings. They look pretty here, but maybe that's a
few too many pillows? And I’d have the
place lit by the outer lanterns sitting around and do away with the overhead
lighting in order to keep flying things from swarming me. Let them swarm around the outer lanterns!
A lovely place to rest
along the path.
Nostalgic
A sweet spot to enjoy a
tall glass of iced tea or lemonade, perhaps a mint julep on a hot day. I have a bistro set much like this in
red. Those chairs are surprisingly
comfortable with or without cushions. J
A pretty butterfly
bench. Yellow is my favorite color, but
benches like this one come in a kaleidoscope of colors with all manner of
winged-shaped things.
Cute
Why not have your tea inside a teapot.
I don’t know about sitting
inside here, though? Whoa!
Fancy a tree house? Once upon a time something like this would’ve
been a dreamy delight. Now, with all
those stairs, not so much, unfortunately.
No. Now I’d love to have a little garden house
like this except I’d add a small covered porch across the front. I could just see myself sitting in here with
the doors open enjoying the sound and wonderful smell of a warm summer shower –
maybe a thunder shower. What fun. J
Sometimes, though, you
gotta make do with what’cha got like a sandy spot in the forest for a couple of
chaise lounges for sunning. When the
folks from whom we were renting the cabin here retired and moved here, they
built a beautiful big redwood deck in this very spot. (sigh)
The deck of the first
cabin we rented in Gasquet. Living in the
woods and mountains, nature becomes your garden. If you want flowers, you put them in pots and
set them on your deck or patio.
Or maybe you just enjoy
looking at all the trees around you.
This was the main deck of our house in Groveland where we lived for 28
years. There was also a side deck which
I always wanted to turn into an enclosed sunroom, but never happened.
Downstairs on the patio
under the deck in the picture above, was a place to relax in the shade while
gazing at the trees and a little stream down below.
Closer to the little
stream on a flat spot just above it I envisioned a pergola with comfy seating,
or this double swing would have been neat there too. Just add cushions & a couple of
pillows. But . . .
. . . this is the closest
I ever got to either of those ideas: redwood decking that had been used around
the hot tub we no longer had, and a trio of aluminum webbed chairs, plus an old
wooden bench we’d found in the stream after a storm used as a small table. Simple as it was, it was still a lovely place to sit among the trees listening to the gentle rippling of
the stream. J
When we moved to
Soulsbyville we had a small deck in the backyard set between the house and the
garage perfect for a table and six chairs – a lovely set we bought at a big summer’s
end sale.
And in the front yard, I had my gazebo with my little red bistro set, and a comfy glider bench.
Now in Sonora Hills we have a lovely covered patio. There’s my little red bistro set, and the glider bench from my gazebo sporting blue cushions to match the blue-cushioned swing which replaces the old green & white striped swing from the Groveland deck. No room for the table and six from Soulsbyville, however, so we gave it to our son who was more than happy to have it.
The yard around the patio is great. There are two nice bushes, a leafy shade tree, and a lawn that never needs mowing. J
At night I set a small lantern on the table with a lighted candle inside. So cozy.
:->
La Nightingail
Comments
Post a Comment