WELCOME TO MY CHANGING HAIR STYLES
Or sometimes, a ponytail.
Special occasions might
call for a chignon.
After I graduated from
high school and went to work I decided I needed a more up-to-date look so got a
short ‘do’.
The ‘do’ stayed short but went to a sort of poofed-up page-boy in the 1960s.
In 1978 I let my hair grow
long again – this time curled out instead of under.
In 1985 the hairstyle was still
pretty much the same except no more bangs.
In 1988 I had my hair cut short again - this
time with a really curly permanent. OMG
– it was awful. It was just a big ball of
frizzy curls all over my head.
Gradually the tight curls
loosened, my hair grew, and it looked a little better.
After a while, of course,
the inevitable happened. I fought it for a while with the help of Miss Clairol
- but eventually, I let my hair go silver and had it cut very short (no curls this time!) It was super easy to care for, but . . .
You've made me laugh to see the evolution of your personal coiffure. I even learned some new vocabulary on hairstyles. Back in the late 80s my wife, who has very straight hair, tried that puffy curl look which helps date some of our family snapshots. Fortunately it was a brief fad for her and in America. Back in high school and college I was encouraged by "friends" to let my curls grow out into a Bob Ross afro. Thankfully I resisted. My beard still remains untamed though.
ReplyDeleteLooking back on family photos, I'm sure you're 'whew' glad you didn't follow your "friends" suggestions to turn your curls into a Bob Ross 'do'. Whoa! I sure learned my lesson with the short curly hairdo I tried. :[ ]
DeleteWhat fun to see the styles you tried! Most of them are quite flattering. Most!
ReplyDelete