YOUNG WOMEN: HOW THEY DRESSED IN THE 20th CENTURY

 


The EARLY 1900s

The 1910s

The 1920s

The 1930s

The 1940s

Formal pose from my 1958 high school yearbook

1950s daytime apparel

I’m not sure what color the gal’s jumper in the photo above is?  I had a red corduroy one with a dropped princess waist.

And I liked polka dots only these were navy blue dots outlined in red on white rather that white dots on a dark color.

1960s mini skirts

1970s minis


1970s The Maxi dress

1980s was all about hair!

1990s just about anything was okay including, for a softer look . . .

Jessica McClintock

And nowadays, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised at anything I saw - at least not on the younger generation.

:->

La Nightingail

Comments

  1. What a wonderful gallery of fashion down the decades! I oved the 1950s feminine dress styles, but somehow have no photograph of me wearing any, I remember the gingham and broderie trimming look. No such problem with images of me in my mini skirt days, but I was never into the maxi look - I felt you had to be tall and slim to pull that off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This a terrific idea to show the history of women's fashion. It was almost like a flip book of time as each decade changed some aspect of clothing and hair styles. Perhaps you could do another cavalcade like this for men's fashion history, though I'm not sure men's style changes would have the striking differences that women displayed. I still can't understand the 1920s fad for cloche hats.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FOLLOWING THE FRANK HERBERT BRADLEY FAMILY

A VISIT TO THE MILLINER'S SHOP

A PICNIC IS A PICNIC WHEREVER YOU HAPPEN TO BE – SAND, DIRT, GRASS, ROCKS, PATIOS, DECKS, A LIVING ROOM FLOOR, OR AN OLD HELICOPTER PAD